What is the most beautiful think we possess? It’s life… that needs extra care and love. But, we usually fail to take maximum care of it. Rather emphasize on having an unhealthy lifestyle which naturally leads to complicated health problems. Though, it is a desire of every individual to have a fit body and mind, but we take things for granted. Having a positive mindset along with a healthy lifestyle can surely increase your life span.
We have grown up listening to “health is wealth” but most of us are now running after the materialistic world while ignoring their health. It’s a fact that having a healthy lifestyle would definitely demand a lot of restrictions in life, but isn’t it worth doing?
A well-balanced living
You must have seen the change in yourself when you encounter different emotions. Staying happy can bring a positive attitude in life and can make you capable of handling tasks conveniently. Having stress in your life can restrict from enjoying every moment of life and also have a negative impact on health.
Take out some time for yourself and maintain a healthy schedule. Get indulged into some creative work which can help to reduce stress:
- Every week allot a time for yourself to de-stress and every day spend some time to relax
- Why don’t you devote some time to your hobby? Learn something new that excites you
- Laugh… laugh… and laugh as much as you can! This can definitely help to de-stress, boost up your mind and improve mood
- Wake up early morning and have a cup of coffee. Now spend some time in a quite environment
A few tips to follow
“The groundwork for all happiness is good health” and having an active life is essential to make sure that you live your life to the fullest. But, the question is how can you have an active living? Though there are many people around who might think of having a healthy life, but lack of guidance restrict them from having one. So, here are a few tips which can help you in achieving the target:
- Have a change in routine: Following the same line of exercise can be monotonous, so it’s important that you have a variation in it. Why don’t you try swimming or a bike riding… as this would not only help you in maintaining health, but will also motivate in workout.
- Involve in an activity you enjoy: If you don’t like jogging, just drop the idea of doing so! Take a brisk walk instead or if you are a dance lover definitely give a try to zumba session. You just need to enjoy the workout and nothing else!
- Revive the metabolism: An aerobic session of 30 minutes three times a week will revive your metabolism. Having lack of time can give you option to break up the activity and make it a daily routine.
Maintain a balance in life. Have patience to reach the goal and then you will no longer be a part of unhealthy lifestyle.
Dietary guidelines for a healthy life
A healthy diet can certainly uplift your health and a good health improves mental status. Everything seems to be related and so staying updated with necessary dietary measures can allow having an active and improved life.
- Use salt in moderate amount though it is usually advice to stop the intake of salt and sugar
- Enjoy variety of foods for a balanced diet
- Include lots of vegetables and fruits in your diet plan and these food should be safe and clean
- Do exercise daily so that an ideal body weight is maintained
- Include low-fat and high protein food in diet such as low-fat milk, fish, pulses and lean meat
- Do not overeat as this can lead to obesity
Make sure that you adopt the right cooking style. Make minimum use of oil and avoid having fried food. For elderly people, micronutrient rich foods are the best to keep them fit and active. Say “No” to processed food and animal foods such as butter, ghee etc.
A healthy lifestyle is a need of every individual, but the fast pace of our lives really make things impossible. But, still try to avoid food that is rich in carbohydrates. Office goers sometimes might fail to do workouts, but you can definitely avoid lifts while reaching your office. Use staircase or get down from the cab and have a walk of 2kms to reach to your destiny. You can try out a few things to keep yourself healthy!