SAN FRANCISCO, April 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The global dental practice management software market size is expected to reach USD 4.9 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 10.16% during the forecast period, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising number of dental clinics and hospitals and strong government support to boost the adoption of Electronic Dental Records (EDRs) are primary factors driving the market growth.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- Based on deployment mode, the web-based segment dominated the market in 2021 owing to the reasonable pricing structure and high demand.
- The cloud-based segment is projected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period due to the factors, such as flexibility, disaster recovery system, automatic software updates, increased collaboration, ability to work on any internet-connected device, security, and user-friendly features.
- On the basis of application, the patient communication segment dominated the market in 2021. The majority of the hospitals and clinics use DPM software for appointment scheduling, postponement/cancellation, and follow-ups. This is boosting the segment growth.
- In terms of end use, the dental clinics segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021 due to the increased number of dentists and oral care visits.
- North America dominated the global market in 2021 owing to the high demand for the latest technologies, high oral healthcare expenditure, and strong presence of key players in the region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030 owing to the rising awareness about oral healthcare and increasing investments by industry players in the regional market.
Read 118-page market research report, “Dental Practice Management Software Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Deployment Mode (Cloud-based, Web-based), By End Use (Dental Clinics, Hospitals), By Application And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Dental Practice Management Software Market Growth & Trends
The ADA estimated that there will be 201,117 practicing dentists in the United States in 2020, a 2.7% increase over 2015. Numerous individuals are graduating from dentistry schools & colleges and starting their own practices
This effectively expands the potential client base. According to the ADA’s forecasts, there will be 67 dentists for every 100,000 people in the United States by 2040, with 67% of dentists being under the age of 55 years. As the younger generation is more receptive to software usage and is willing to learn and accept new technologies, the growing number of young dentists in the United States is predicted to boost the demand for DPM software. Various initiatives undertaken by governments in the U.S. and European countries are likely to boost the healthcare IT market. This, in turn, is expected to drive the DPM software market. For instance, in 2009, HITEC Act was passed to encourage the healthcare IT industry in the U.S.
This has further boosted the adoption of healthcare software in the country. European countries are also undertaking several initiatives to promote healthcare IT in the region. Some of the noticeable initiatives include Interoperable Delivery of European eGovernment Services to Public Administrations, Business, and Citizens (IDABC); Elektronische Gesundheitskarte (Germany); Norwegian Healthcare System (Norway); e-Card (Austria); Imprivata; Sentillion; CAREfx; IBM Tivoli Access Manager; HealthCast, Inc.; and Sense. The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in increased hospitalizations, which is unprecedented in public health.
National lockdowns and emergencies were proclaimed in a number of nations to stem the spread of the virus. Most oral health problems and scheduled dentist appointments were considered non-emergent. As a result, oral care procedures were put on hold because of the potential for transmission. According to the ADA, oral care spending in the United States fell by 66.5% in 2020. As per the National Health Services England, the number of patients seen by dentists declined by 8% during the pandemic. As a result, of the unparalleled impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the new installations of DPM software declined.
Dental Practice Management Software Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global dental practice management software market on the basis of deployment mode, application, end use, and region:
Dental Practice Management Software Market – Deployment Mode Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Dental Practice Management Software Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Patient Communication
- Payment Processing
- Insurance Management
Dental Practice Management Software Market – End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Dental Clinics
Dental Practice Management Software Market – Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players of Dental Practice Management Software Market
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Good Methods Global Inc.
- Carestream Dental, LLC.
- CD Nevco, LLC (Curve Dental)
- Practice-Web, Inc.
- Nextgen Healthcare, Inc.ow
- Ace Dental Software
- Datacon Dental Systems, Inc.
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Dental Services Market – The global dental services market size is expected to reach USD 554.5 billion by 2028, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2021 to 2028.
- Dental Implant Market – The global dental implant market size is expected to reach USD 8.0 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.0% from 2021 to 2028. Rising demand for tooth replacement has provided good growth potential to the market.
- Dental Equipment Market – The global dental equipment market size is expected to reach USD 16.5 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 12.1% from 2021 to 2028.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Healthcare IT Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.